Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is an intense, aerobic, and anaerobic workout that helps any child’s fitness and health improve. It is a fun exercise for children to develop body coordination as well as personal development and growth. The benefits of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu goes above and beyond any other martial art due to its adaptability in the skills and techniques that a child learns to takedown an opponent.
“Every child deserves a champion: an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists they become the best they can possibly be.” – Rita Pierson (Educator)
A message to parents who want to be part of the Cobrinha BJJ family
Everyone says it, “…Self-Discipline, Self-Control, Self-Confidence…” and so on. But the question you have to ask yourself is this, “How are you going to give that to a child?”
Here is our answer
We do not give any of these things to our students; however, give them the opportunity to find these benefits for themselves. We take this responsibility very seriously and will be by your child’s side…every step of the way. At Cobrinha Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu we are experts in bringing the right qualities out of our students. We achieve this through superior martial arts instruction, positive reinforcement, goal setting, personal attention, and individualized achievement within a fun, yet highly structured and disciplined environment.
The only place that self-confidence can come from…is within. This is what real self-confidence is all about. Self-Confidence can’t be talked into your child, it can’t be tricked into them by tying a belt around their waist. It has to be and will be, found by your child from within.
Get your child started in our Cobrinha BJJ family today
We encourage you to take advantage of our family discounts. Try us out while meeting friendly staff, parents, and students! If you have any questions about our programs, please feel free to contact us by phone or email. Thank you for your interest in Cobrinha Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, we look forward to hearing from you!
LIL COBRAS BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU (KIDS AGES 3-15)
There are many different types of Martial Arts out there, which can be hard to really understand the differences between styles when you are trying to choose what would be best for your child. Here are several reasons why Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is one of the safest forms for children to begin their journey into the world of martial arts:
- It is a non-violent, yet effective and complete self-defense system. Many parents want their child to learn a martial art in order to defend herself/himself against bullies or unwanted strangers. Having a safe and systematic foundation of self-defense is key for children to feel confident, specifically about defending themselves, if necessary. Since it is completely based on leverage and submission, the BJJ technique actually gives the smaller opponent an advantage. There is no kicking or punching involved, unlike many other martial arts.
- It is a natural martial art, based on leverage and balance. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu uses the principles of action-reaction, leverage, and base. Children learn to use an opponent’s power as an advantage, rather than fighting against the force. We practice many different games that help children experience these principles and learn to understand how to use them as techniques. Children develop a heightened sense of body awareness and coordination, which leads to self-confidence and inner discipline. Not only do children learn how to effectively defend themselves, but also strengthen their kinesthetic abilities to excel in any other sport in which they participate. It doesn’t have to be a choice of one sport or the other.
Our Li’l Cobra Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Program
Cobrinha BJJ offers a unique program for kids that will not only provide your child with the necessary skills to defend themselves, character development, and a sense of community, they will also gain the necessary benefits that will help them in all areas of their everyday life. Cobrinha Brazilian Jiu jitsu is not only a lifestyle and proven method of self-defense, but it is also a competitive sport. We offer your child the opportunity to be a part of the Cobrinha Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitive team and compete across the country. Cobrinha BJJ continues to develop the Midwest’s largest and most successful kid’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu program which has captured numerous team titles and continues to equip young people for success!
Benefits of Cobrinha Li’l Cobras Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Self-Defense – Your child will learn real-world techniques that will help them to defend themselves in difficult situations. Brazilian jiu-jitsu’s focus is to teach students who are smaller and weaker to defend themselves against a larger, stronger assailant. While we teach students that the first choice is to avoid conflict altogether, we will prepare them with the skills required to protect themselves in situations that cannot be avoided.
- Fitness – The stamina and endurance children develop during Martial Arts training in our Kids Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program results in natural weight loss and an improvement in overall physical and mental health.
- Balance and Motor Skills – Jiu-Jitsu is a sport known to teach balance and good coordination. Our Kid’s Program focuses on creating good hand and eye coordination when learning the techniques, especially while training with their drilling partners. They will learn the importance of paying attention to their surroundings. We have found that children who train Jiu-Jitsu for a long period of time gain great posture and motor skills, which assists in the development of becoming flexible and in-tune with their own bodies.
- Self-Confidence – Your child will naturally gain self-confidence as they work their way through the belt system and progress. Our belt system provides children measurable goals to follow that are realistic to attain. Your child will gain a sense of self-accomplishment by mastering new techniques and earning belts that will follow them throughout their life.
- Self-Discipline – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instills a mental focus on your child. Your child will learn how to concentrate on learning a technique while seeing it through, but there is much more than that. We want to make sure that our students are working on their Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu technique, improving their behavior at home, as well as improving their grades at school. We teach a very effective form of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and want to make sure that every kid is learning it correctly.
- Respect – The way that we have our Kid’s program structured, we have found that creating a foundation of respect and discipline not only benefits the students on the mat but also off the mat. As a World Champion Training Facility, we strive not only for great competitors but also for great individuals. It is necessary for our young children to learn respect and become disciplined to succeed on the mat, at home, and in school. All of our students are disciplined to treat others as they would like to be treated, becoming positive influences everywhere they go. We will also continuously impress upon your child the importance to show respect to parents, teachers, and peers in their everyday lives.
- Teamwork, Positive Social Interaction, and Bully-Proofing – Jiu-Jitsu is a sport meant for teamwork, where we teach our kids to encourage and motivate one another to become better in everything that they do. In particular, we educate them about bullying and how to better deal with situations that involve bullying. Every student is encouraged to build one another up and not bring on another down. We find it very important for all of our kids to understand and put into practice a positive social environment within a team.
- Smile, Laugh, and Have Fun – At the end of the day, we want our kids to have fun and become positive individuals. Jiu-Jitsu can take a lot of physical and mental strength, so with the rewards they can gain through hard work, it’s all worth it in the end. Our instructors have placed certain activities in their training to let them smile and laugh, but most importantly… be a kid!