Below you will find the rules and guidelines that are expected of all students when attending classes at Cobrinha Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Cobrinha Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Mat Rules
- Bow when entering and exiting the mat
- Greet teammates upon entering the mat. Shake everyone’s hands upon entering the mat.
- Welcome all guests and visitors by introducing yourself. Treat newcomers as you would like to be treated
- Use respectful language and behavior, especially around minors – Use respectful language and behavior, especially around minors. No curse/swear words allowed at the academy
- Always use a clean, dry Gi. Do not wear the same Gi for more than two classes in a row
- Before stepping foot on the mat, make sure to have your entire Gi on as well as a properly tightened belt
- Do not remove Gi tops or rash guards until the class has ended
- Must have a rash guard for No-Gi class. Rashguard worn must be according to the color of the belt. T-Shirts are not permissible
- Must have rash guard under the Gi. Training without a rash guard is not permissible
- Make sure you take your shoes off before entering the mat
- Put shoes on immediately upon exiting the mat. This holds true even if you’re just going to the bathroom
- Keep finger and toenails short and trimmed. Subject to inspection upon entering the mat
- Always compliment your sparring partner and shake/touch hands before and after the roll
- Only apply as much force as needed. Never intentionally harm anyone.
- Be on time for class. If you happen to arrive late, wait at the entrance to the mat till the instructor says it’s okay for you to join
- Ask instructor’s permission to leave before exiting the mat
- Refrain from chatting while the instructors are talking
- No cell phone on the mat during the class
- No picture or videotaping the classes
- No food or gum on the mat
- When the instructors assign a task, continue doing that task until the instructors say otherwise. You can never drill a technique too many times!
- Have fun!